Music I'm LOVING this month

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Now, I know that is not something that I would usually post but for the past two months I have found some gems. Predominantly I search and find my music on SoundCloud, if you don't have an account or even have the app on your phone you are seriously missing out on incredible music. The music I tend to listen to is completely different to what my friends are into. I do like my fair share mainstream music which is anything that is really popular in clubs or the radio and stuff but I do love my alternative and as my friends would put it 'weird' music. 

For the past year and half maybe two years now I have fallen more and more in love with Tom Misch. His music and creativity is electric. His style varies but he most definitely has a big soul influence in his work and it is the kind of music that I believe is timeless and can listen to over and over again and never get bored. His voice is incredible, I can not explain what it is about his voice that I love so much but check out his work. He also does a podcast called Are We Live with Alfa Mist, Barney and Jordan Rakei with special guests sometimes and it is something that I listen to religiously every month because I find new music and their podcasts are actually pretty funny. 

A more recent find and probably one of my favourite finds of the whole year has to be GoldfishDragon. It is a radio podcast where they put out music compositions and the first one I ever listened to was Radio 005 and there was this one song roughly 15 minutes into it and I was hooked, the kind of African and raw sound that the beginning of this song had that then went into the British rapper made me listen to it religiously 3 times a day for about 2 weeks. There radio sessions has literally the widest genre of music and I love that because I don't have one favourite genre I love a bit of everything and they literally have it all, old school shit like Aaliyah to new stuff like Post Malone. 

Laith Hakeem who is one of the best artists I've seen on Tumblr and Instagram also has this incredible gallery of music and when I am looking for new shit to listen to I always go on his SoundCloud, go on his likes, shuffle them and just listen to them. His music taste is what I would say is the closest to what I listen to 90% of the time. Now every Saturday he releases a radio show called PlusMood Radio which I listen to on MixCloud and he just plays music that he loves and listens to and it is just one of those radio shows you can just press play and chill in your room and listen to. 

I know all the recommendations I have been talking about have been either Podcasts or Radio shows but I swear this is the last one for this month. This is something I've literally found in the last week and it is YuSoul Records which is based in London (woop woop). There stuff is still fairly new to me so I have not checked all their tracks yet but from what I was listening to, I do not understand how I've gone nearly all year without finding them but now that I have to say it is literally one of my favourite things right now.

I hope you enjoyed something a little different on my blog and I may make this a monthly occurrence.

PEACE

Yasmeen xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts