Charlotte Tilbury - Is it really worth the hype?

Tuesday, February 23, 2016




So for Christmas/ my birthday I was kindly gifted the lovely Charlotte Tilbury make-up look set 'Dolce Vita' by my mother. I have been swooning over the Charlotte Tilbury collection for literally the whole year and my mother finally got the hint and bought it for me.



The set contains an eyeshadow quad, mascara, a lipliner, lipstick, lipgloss and blusher which all comes in a lovely makeup bag which is now my everyday make up bag.



The set comes in such gorgeous packaging which I have yet to throw away because I'm kind of a hoarder for pretty things and cases.



The Dolce Vita


The eyeshadows have a really great texture and with a primer the colours really pop. They are so easy to blend as well, I'm not the best with eye make up and it was fairly easy to blend them and they work so well together. Plus if you may be as clueless as me there is a guide for where each colour should go.


Ecstasy blusher

Full Fat Lashes Mascara
I am really really picky about my mascara's, I have pretty long eyelashes anyway so I prefer a mascara that adds a lot of depth. I hate mascaras that make your eyelashes all clumpy and I like my mascaras to lightweight and leaving my eyelashes with that butterfly effect. I have to say that this mascara is amazing the wand is fat enough which I love!!. I did try to get a picture of the wand but it was not doing it any justice.


Lipstick - Penelope Pink, Lip Liner - Pillow Talk, Lipgloss - Seduction
The lip products are probably one of my favourite pieces in the collection. I love the lipstick because it has such great colour pay off but it does not leave your lips feeling dry, it is like a lip balm and lipstick in one. Now the lip liner is incredible and so easy to apply but the only problem I had with it was that it made look quite washed out and I know no one is into the dead girl look. The lipgloss would be the biggest surprise for me, I hate lip glosses,I have never had a good experience with them and they would always be such a weird texture but the formula for this is actually amazing!. It does not even feel like you are wearing lip gloss and it has such a sexy sheen.

The Feline Flick



Finally, this beauty. I love doing eyeliner and finding new eyeliner pens. Eyeliner pens are the best for me and this gives such precision and has a true black finish. For the sharpest eyeliner flick that could kill to an intricate eyeliner design, this pen can literally do it all.

As a make-up look set I would 100% recommend it if it is in your budget but the stand out pieces for me if you do not want the whole collection is the eyeshadows, lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner.

I will be posting two make up looks with this set. One that is very full on and one that could be more of an everyday kind of look so make sure to keep a look out for that! 

Yasmeen xo










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts