Favourites of 2014!

Friday, January 09, 2015

So I know it's already 2015 but I thought I might as well start 2015 with my 2014 favourites. This is going to be quite a long post to make up for not posting
anything for pretty much half of the year.
This is gonna include all my beauty, fashion and miscellaneous items from the past year. For all the items I have mentioned I have tried my best to leave some links for them, if I can't I will link something similar.
ENJOY!!! 

So start off with some make up products, I'm going to begin with a foundation. This is pretty much the only foundation I use and I've had it for about two years and it is still going strong! My MAC Face and Body in shade C4 is my all time favourite foundation, I hate full coverage foundations because I don't like the weight on my skin so the fact that it is water based makes it feel really light on my skin and evens out my skin tone really nicely. 

Moving on to concealer my favourite has to Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 02 At first I thought it was going to be too light but it is perfect for my under eye concealing because it does become quite dark under there because I don't sleep enough (Damn you Netflix!) but it brightens my under eye really nicely and throughout the day it doesn't crease or look really cakey. It is really nice because it is a creamy formula so it blends REALLY nicely. If you ever get the chance to get one I highly recommend it. 

So recently I have had a mascara revelation because I was so in love with the Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara I thought I would never move on but then my mum bought me the Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Mascara and I can never see myself with anything else. The brush is quite large which I do prefer, I tend to stay away from thin brushes because I like my eyelashes to be quite wispy and fluttery (If that makes any sense to you) so anything that makes my eyelashes clumpy is a BIG FAT no no. But this mascara is heaven sent, it gives length and volume to your lashes and it is clump free which I love, I can never see myself with anything else. 

Last but definitely not least favourite make up product of 2014 is my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette which my mum gifted me when she came back from holiday. It also came with four eyeshadow primers and the original one is definitely going to be bought in full size. The colours are beautiful and even the matte colour Tease blends with ease and it is such a lovely shade that I can wear that colour all over the lids and that is my eye make up done. It also comes with a dual ended eyeshadow brush and it's not at all cheap like that ones you normally get, it's a really lovely brush and all the shades are amazing to create any look. 

Skincare has to be one of the most important things I do on a day to day basis because I have a weird kind of phobia of getting spots and when I do I use the strongest shit in my house to get rid of them. All my friends tend to say I have pretty good and clear skin and my Holy Grail of all skin care products has to be my Neutrogena Spot Stress Control 3in1 Cleansing Lotion. This stuff is literally my life and I recently ran out of it and within two days I noticed the difference between using it and not using it and I literally got like two spots. I use this day and night and I put it on a cotton pad and wipe it on my face and it literally takes off EVERYTHING!! when I do get the occasional spot I just tend to go over the area more and it will go down by the morning no doubt. A little tip if you do intend on trying it is that if you have quite sensitive skin this is not a product for you because it has a strong alcohol smell but I sort of like that when it comes to my skincare =/. 

This product is more expensive than the Neutrogena one and it is the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and I swear to god it has changed my skincare routine completely. The price might seem a lot for something that looks quite small but you literally only need two or three drops for your whole face. You literally put it on before you go to sleep and when you wake up in the morning you face is the softest thing in the world, its like a bloody babies bottom and your complexion is brighter and your skin feels more plumper instead all dry and deflated from sleeping. If you are willing to pay the price for it I highly suggest you do because you will not regret it. Quick tip is that if you do get a spot add a little extra on it and it helps with the redness(well it does for me anyway).

Steering away from the beauty side and moving over to the fashion portion of this post, I'm starting off with my favourite jeans of 2014. These are my BDG Mom Jeans that I got from Urban Outfitters and I have lost weight since I bought the jeans but I haven't found anything that compares to them so I bought a belt especially for them (sad.I know) but the fit, the length and the distress in the jeans is just perfect and they literally go with nearly everything I wear. 

Another UO purchase that I got was a Buffalo Check Shirt in red from the brand Light before Dark, and one of the main reasons I bought this shirt was because the length was just right for me but also the material of this shirt was so god damn soft I couldn't leave the store without it. I has a giant pocket on one breast and I love pockets, it may sound really weird but if a dress or a skirt I really like had pockets in it I would definitely purchase it because I hate carrying around little bags for my stuff. This item is amazing for just buttoning up and pairing it with some black jeans but because the weather in London is so shitty at the moment I love layering it up with big thick knitted jumpers and it is still long enough to surpass the jumper length which I love. 

Yet another UO purchase (Shock.Horror) is my black kind of soft tailored, collarless jacket from the brand Sparkle and Fade  and I actually wear this nearly everyday. I'm not one to switch up my jackets all the time because I normally chose items that go with everything I wear. It's a thick enough material to get me through this shitty weather but there is also enough room in the sleeves to wear thick jumpers underneath as some jackets tend to make the arms quite slender. 

Lastly my finally clothing item of 2014 that I have loved endlessly is my Topshop Boutique jumper. This jumper is so bloody warm and cosy I literally wear it all the time, it's knitted but because its black I can literally wear it with anything. It's really a timeless piece and its going to help me get through winter and spring this year. 

This shoe purchase was the last pair of shoes I bought in 2014 and they are my & Other Stories Loafers that I bought on sale and they are perfect. The sole of the shoes have little nails dug in which I quite like, the little details of the shoes has drawn me to them. The sole is also a bit wider than inside of the shoe which I really like and the fact that they are super comfortable makes them the best loafers I have bought.

Swiftly moving on to trainers, I am bringing it back with a pair of Reebok Workout in white, I basically bought them because I really wanted them but I couldn't justify buying them but one day at work when my feet were absolutely KILLING me from these pair of boots I had to save my feet from the pain and bought them straight away. They are such an amazing classic and I can wear them with anything. Some people love them some people hate them but they are sort of an off white colour that I like because I don't feel as guilty getting them dirty and I would if they was a fresh white. 

A more indulgent trainer purchase that I bought the day they came out in Liberty was the Nike x Liberty collab, and I bought the Internationalists Mid. The only thing that upset me was that they didn't have a size 5 and from experience the size 6 in most Nike shoes is an European size 40 and they are always too big, but because they was the mids I had that extra support in my ankles that I needed for them not to be sliding off my feet and even though there room in the front it wasn't in anyway uncomfortable. What I love most about these trainers is amazing print on them, some people are phased by the dots all over them but because I got mine in blue and they are not as prominent and you would have to stare at the shoes for a bit to even notice them. 

Finally my Stan Smiths, I came across these shoes by chance when I was in Westfield and I decided to go into FootLocker and I fell in love with these bad boys, the worst thing about it was that it was a week before my payday so I was broke as fuck but I wanted them so badly that I was willing to go into my savings and pay for them (it's actually that deep) but I decided to wait for them and I bought them on Black Friday but they wasn't in the sale but thank fuck I already got paid so I bought them. I wore them to work the week after and I literally got complemented left, right and centre. They may be all black but the little accents of white on the tongue and the back just makes them so versatile.


Before moving on to my miscellaneous items, my favourite accessory of 2014 has to be my H&M fedora, it's perfect if my hair is either curly or straight and my hair is acting all shitty, when its curly I just do a really messy side bun or if my hair is straight I tend to have it in a middle parting. When I wear my fedora I slyly feel like Van Helsing but its probably the best £15 I spent this year because I don't see me not wearing it in 2015. 

Now for this 2014 favourites I was going to create a whole separate post about him but seeing as he was my favourite artist of 2014 he has to be included. I was on my Soundcloud browsing and I come across MelancholyTunes who posts a lot of amazing artists and I came across an amazing voice. His voice was just amazing I can't describe it, it sounds like heaven and I was so shocked I did not find him before, his name is Tom Misch and his music and voice is UNBELIEVABLE, I suggest to everyone to follow him on Soundcloud , Twitter and Instagram. He is an amazing talent and he will only move on to bigger and better things because his talent cannot go unnoticed anymore. There is an awesome collaboration on his Soundcloud with Carmody, their voice collectively is like nothing you will hear.

Sorry for not posting after my AWOL post but it was pretty hectic with getting back into the college routine. 
My goals for this year to definitely blog way more this year it literally can't be as bad as last year to be honest. 

PEACE
Yasmeen xo



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts