Santorini 2015

Tuesday, December 08, 2015


So recently I went on holiday to Santorini in Greece. It was a cute little getaway for my aunts birthday that my cousin invited me to and I took some incredible pictures while I was out there and I thought I would share my little holiday with you guys.




So we stayed in this amazing villa called Thermes Luxury Villas which is located towards the south of the island but all the villas are situated along the coast so every single room gets a view of the ocean and they all have their own private pool (which was FREEZING cold). The weather around November was not the warmest but it was a massive improvement to London weather so I could not really complain. It was warm enough to not wear a jumper during the day if you was in the sun but at night it would get pretty chilly and the first night I decided not to bring a jumper with me like a massive idiot.
Our first proper day was pretty cool because we literally saw the entire island in about four hours. So I would definitely recommend going there for a short trip away. We started off in the south of Santorini where we looked at an excavation site from the volcanic eruption that was about 3000 years ago (My facts may not be entirely correct but it's what I can remember) we then decided to go the see the red beach and there was also the black beach called Kamari Beach but we decided not to go there. After that we worked our way to the north and stopped over to see the Castle in the old town which is the highest point of the island where you can see literally everything. As we are classy bitches we went wine tasting at Santo winery which was an experience, but I am not a massive wine fan. Lastly we went to several different points along the coast before we reached Oia to watch the sunset. That night for the first time I experience cooked octopus, I have tried raw octopus on like sushi and stuff and I really liked it and it was one of the things to try while I was out there so I tried it with rice and I absolutely hated the texture and taste of it was just not OK.
Red Beach /Akrotiri
Kastelli
Sunset in Oia
Our last full day we decided to go on a boat to visit the volcano and the hot springs which is roughly 20 minutes away. The volcano was a great experience but it also happened to be the day I decided to wear bloody flip flops and we had to walk the rockiest and steepest hills ever in the direct sun so we decided the half way point was the extent of our adventures. We then took a 10 minute journey to the hot springs and I did bring my bikini with me but because I'm not a strong swimmer I decided not to jump off the boat and risk drowning to death so I looked on and admired. Then we headed back home and chose to eat in our villas and have a candlelight dinner on our balcony on our last night because we wanted to be all romantic and shit but it slyly backfired because it was too dark and the lights were not working (oops). It was a pretty relaxed night after that and I chilled in the jacuzzi and caught up on X Factor then went to sleep because we had to be up pretty early for our flight back home.
Nea Kamini
The only disappointing this was that it was not peak season so many of the shops and restaurants was closed for the winter so we was quite limited. The majority of tourists we did encounter was from the cruise. So for most nights my cousin and I literally spent it in the jacuzzi which one the main things I miss from my holiday the most. We would blast out Justin Bieber's new album Purpose (sorry, not sorry) and drink vodka and orange juice and yes we did get fairly tipsy and we screamed from the top of our voices.
Then sadly we had to hop back on a plane to London and I knew it was going to be cold but when I got back it was beyond freezing but luckily we missed the worst of it that week so I could not complain. I would definitely go back again but in the summer time when it is peak season because I would love to try some of the other restaurants and enjoy the sun.

Yasmeen xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts